Chair for Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics
We are currently looking for a Ph.D. student in the field of parameter identification for elastic/viscoelastic materials. A description of the position (in German) can be found here.
Welcome to the homepage of the chair for Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Thomas Schuster!
- Inverse problems in theory and applications
- Numerical analysis
- Parameter identification for PDEs
with a special focus on
- Theory and algorithms for vector and tensor tomography (2D, 3D)
- Modelling and simulation for defect detection in composite materials
- Parameter identification for elastic wave equations
- Regularization methods in Banach spaces
- Theory and algorithm development for terahertz tomography
- Magnetic particle imaging
Further informations on our research projects can be found here.
The chair has a broad range of research topics and teaching activities. We are proud of our commitment to bachelor and master students.
An overview of the publications can be found here.