Chair for Numerical Mathematics
Welcome to the homepage of the chair for Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Thomas Schuster!
- Inverse problems in theory and applications
- Numerical analysis
- Parameter identification for PDEs
with a special focus on
- Theory and algorithms for vector and tensor tomography (2D, 3D)
- Modelling and simulation for defect detection in composite materials
- Parameter identification for elastic wave equations
- Regularization methods in Banach spaces
- Theory and algorithm development for terahertz tomography
- Magnetic particle imaging
Further informations on our research projects can be found here.
The chair has a broad range of research topics and teaching activities. We are proud of our commitment to bachelor and master students.
An overview of the publications can be found here.