Winter semester 2017/18
Lectures: Wednesday 12:30-14:00h
Room: SR 6, E2 4
The first lecture takes place on Octobre 18.
Please register for this lecture by sending an eMail to Anne Wald.
Registration deadline: October 23, 2017
Parameter identification is an important class of inverse problems. Many problems that arise in engineering or physics are modeled with the help of partial differential equations. The parameters (e.g., material parameters) occur for example as coefficients. The inverse problem of terahertz tomography will serve as an example in parameter identification. We will discuss the physical model, give an analysis of the underlying boundary value problem, and solve the inverse problem.
- B. Kaltenbacher, A. Neubauer, and O. Scherzer. Iterative Regularization Methods for Nonlinear Ill-Posed Problems, De Gruyter, 2008
- A. Rieder. Keine Probleme mit Inversen Problemen. Vieweg+Teubner Verlag, 2003
- S. Sauter and C. Schwab. Boundary Element Methods. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011
- H. Brezis. Functional Analysis, Sobolev Spaces and Partial Differential Equations. Springer Science+Business Media, 2011
- K. Atkinson and W. Han. Theoretical Numerical Analysis. Springer New York, 2001
The lecture notes will be uploaded at this place as soon as they are finished:
There will be an oral exam (30 minutes) at the end of the semester.
Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact Anne Wald.